Guest Join UsHey There,
Now that everyone's preppin, join us!!
Find out how much toilet paper you'll need!
Read about prepping Pre-COVID-19
Find out how to build a tinfoil hat
Surviving on only urine??
Start a car with an egg and black pepper
Escape from a freezer
Evade a hungry charging bear
Much More.. or Create an Account

RED ALERT: COVID-19 Global Pandemic x

Moderators Wanted (Apply Within) x

Previos GRF members, you will need to reregister and READ THIS
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help For The Next Flu Pandemic
Thank you SD

Thought I would bump this back to the new posts, so all the new people can get this info.
With winter coming on, though this should be brought back to the front for all new people to see. So far I have been buying extra garlic at the grocers each time I go. When I get a big enough bunch, going to put it in the food processor and then into apple cider vinegar by following the directions. Vinegar never spoils so this should last a long time.

Going to re-read this myself so my flu/cold season tonic can be made - just like our great-grandparents use to do.
Thank You so much WA for the wealth of info you generously shared. I wrote a lot of it down for safe keeping. Garlic and Vinegar is something that I refuse to be without.
I've been loading up on Vitamin D and so far it's been doing great! Im a little concerned for my family being in a new climate this season. The ones with allergies have been getting pummeled! Poor little fellas, walking around with big ol' puffy eyes...anything I can do for that?
For what Harvesttime is saying, try Oregano Oil in capsule form. Suppose to be good for sinuses and maybe this would help with the allergies also.
I just posted this on my website a few days ago, as our entire boxing event was cancelled due to EVERY guy on the card has the flu, which worries me as these guys are uber healthy, eat well, and work out three hours a day 5 days ish a week!

Staying healthy this cold and flu season

[Image: no-sneeze.jpg]

Survival Guide
natural remedies for cold and flu

In honor of cold and flu season I have put together a
list of natural sickness preventers and illness destroyers. Pick up a
few of these and avoid a mini apocalypse of the guts. Most important
advice would be to stay hydrated with plenty of water, keep your body
strong and fit with regular exercise, and relax your stress away. A
healthy individual is tough to infect!

Vitamin E helps protect the cells

Vitamin C, and VC rich foods like citrus and berries, help to fight
off viruses. But do not take VC if you have cancer as tumors thrive on
it. But VC is known to be a great cancer preventer.

Green tea University of Florida conducted a study where participants
were followed around for three months as they carried on with their
lives. One group took green tea. The participants in the green tea
group had 32 percent fewer afflicted with cold or flu symptoms and, of
those who got those symptoms, 58 percent fewer had to receive treatment
as compared with control group.

Zinc The latest Cochrane Review found that people who took a zinc
syrup solution or lozenge every two hours while they had a cold were
twice as likely to have shed it within a week as those who took a
placebo. Children who took a zinc tablet once a day for at least five
months were also a third less likely to get colds as those who took a
placebo.

Echinacea lessens the severity of the cold, but do not waste your
money on the teas-the drying process destroys most of the plants healing
qualities. Buy the tincture instead.

Cranberry juice is effective at fighting against infections. It
cures sore throats and colds, and also holds a compound to prevent tooth
decay

Olive leaf extract acts to prevent the onset of colds and flu by
acting as a powerful immune booster. It fights a range of viruses,
bacterial infections and parasites that cause infections and disease.

Raw apple cider and honey have been used for centuries at the first sign of a long list of illness. Who am I to argue with that!

Grapefruit seed extract (get the liquid) is derived from the seeds,
white membrane and pulp of the grapefruit. Due to its high
antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial properties, it is a popular
tool for fighting infections and viruses of many kinds. It has an
alkalizing effect on the body and is full of ascorbic acid, or vitamin
C, minerals and antioxidant properties.
Bringing this forward for all the newer members.  With the flu hitting hard, might want to start stocking up.
I would have some labs done and speak to your Dr before starting Vit.E. My Dr & Cardiologist took me off of it and my Mom's Dr took her off of it too. It is supposedly hard on the kidneys, heart and something else that I cannot remember. This has been in the last 9 months.
Have heard some controversy also on Vit E.  Research it.  If it comes down to it, here in my home, none have health problems and would use it just not in mega doses
(01-11-2013, 01:36 AM)Gramof6 Wrote: I would have some labs done and speak to your Dr before starting Vit.E. My Dr & Cardiologist took me off of it and my Mom's Dr took her off of it too. It is supposedly hard on the kidneys, heart and something else that I cannot remember. This has been in the last 9 months.
On the vit E. It thins the blood. From what I understand some choose to use instead of aspirin. That could be one reason the cardio took you off. Just a guess. To much thinners. Seems there are reports that suggest to much blood thinning can increase certain strokes but reduce the risk of others?? Another thing about Vit. E is it is fat soluble and does not easily excrete from the body as neither does A, D. We can actually overload and have dangerous affects. WA, thanks for the info risk on the NSAIDs. I wanted to add on the Aspirin/NSAIDs, I recall reading that it can destroy the retna of the eyes. I had read that the elder are loosing there vision sooner now. I have to wonder if it is the over use of aspirins etc. Aspirin is widely used daily for heart disease prevention. That is one reason many turn to E but they shouldnt be used together and the E in minimal dosing. Foods are the best source.
Here is a bit I just read.
  • The whole family of NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) can cause side effects that impact the eyes including cataracts, dry eyes, macular degeneration and retinal hemorrhages that may result from long term use. These include ibuprofin (Advil, Motrin, Bayer, Aleve, aspirin, flurbiprofen, ketoprofen and naproxen sodium. Also Tylenol (acetaminophen), though not an NSAID, can be harmful to the eyes. They (ie, aspirin, ibuprofin, advil, meclofen) are photosensitizing drugs (drugs that increase your sensitivity to the sun) that absorb light energy and undergo a photochemical reaction resulting in chemical modification of tissue.
  • Overuse of what are considered "harmless" drugs can be damaging to the body and eyes. When drugs are used excessively, they can induce photosensitivity, dry eyes, corneal deposits, gastrointestinal tract damage, and even cataracts.